Who says porridge is just for breakfast? This indulgent, warm, sweet dish will be enjoyed just as much at brunch as it would be for dessert on a cold night.
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free quick cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup milk of choice (coconut is great!)
- 1 ripe Beurre Bosc pear
- 1⁄4 cup chopped, roasted hazelnuts, skins removed
- 1 tablespoon Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder or raw cacao
- Tiny pinch salt
- Sweetener to taste, such as 1 tablespoon of Natvia sweetener, 2-3 drops liquid stevia, 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Halve and core the pear. Peel and dice one half into cubes and leave the second half intact.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk and vanilla extract. Add the oats, baking powder, cacao powder, cinnamon and salt and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the diced pear, chocolate, half of the chopped hazelnuts and optional sweetener.
- Pour mixture into a greased, ovenproof ramekin or bowl.
- Run slits lengthwise along the remaining pear and push gently into the top of the porridge (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven to cool slightly. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and serve immediately.