Get patriotic without the extra calories this January 26. These fluffy lamingtons are coated in rich, No Sugar Added chocolate.
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
- ½ cup fine coconut flour, sifted
- ½ cup almond or cashew flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 5 large free range eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil or butter, melted
- ¼ cup Natvia or a few drops of liquid stevia (to your desired sweetness)
- Flaked, shredded or desiccated coconut for coating
Chocolate ganache icing
- 250g Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coconut cream (or regular cream if you prefer)
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, beat together the eggs, vanilla and Natvia until light and creamy.
- Whilst still beating, add the melted coconut oil/butter and coconut milk, and continue mixing until well blended.
- Add the sifted coconut, almond/cashew flour and baking powder and mix until combined – making sure not to overbeat as this will make the lamingtons too dense.
- Pour the cake mixture into prepared tin and bake for around 35 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin, before turning out onto a wire rack and cutting into 12 even-sized squares.
For the ganache icing
- Warm the coconut cream over medium heat, until very hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, stirring until chocolate is melted and the icing becomes smooth and free of any lumps. Dip each cake square into the chocolate mixture, coating evenly on each side before tossing in coconut and placing on a wire cooling rack to set.
- Share with friends and enjoy!