Filled with nuts and seeds and with a crunchy outer layer, these delightful lollipops are the perfect size for kids lunchboxes and double as a sweet treat for the ‘big kids’.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Refined sugar free
Recipe by Wick Nixon
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 medjool dates (soaked in boiling water for five minutes and drained, leaving a small amount of water remaining to moisten up the mixture – if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Natvia Sweetner Icing Mix to taste (mixed with water to make a paste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- Bamboo sticks (cut in half)
- Place the cashews, pumpkin seeds, cacao powder, dates, icing mix and vanilla essence in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped and evenly combined.
- Roll mixture into small balls and refrigerate overnight, or for at least three hours.
- Melt chocolate.
- Place a ball in the melted chocolate and roll until evenly coated.
- Remove the chocolate coated ball by inserting a bamboo stick (this will act as the handle).
- Roll the ball in the buckwheat groats and place neatly on a tray.
- Repeat until all balls are rolled and coated.
- Place tray in the refrigerator until the chocolate lollipops are set.