Nutritious and delicious, these indulgent waffles are sure to impress.
Gluten free | Refined sugar free | Vegan friendly
Recipe by Jacqueline Alwill: The Brown Paper Bag
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- 45g Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Almond Chip
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
Chocolate dipped fruit:
- 1 kiwifruit, cut into slices on the round
- 3 figs, cut into slices
- 6 slices of dragon fruit
- 45g Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Rich Dark
Find more recipes from Jacqueline Alwill here:
- To make the waffle batter, combine the eggs, bananas, coconut oil, dates and vanilla in a blender and blend for 20 seconds. Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon and blend for a further 10 seconds. Transfer batter to a bowl and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Turn on waffle maker and allow to heat.
- While the waffle mixture is resting, prepare the chocolate cream. To melt the chocolate, heat a saucepan of water until gently simmering and place a stainless steel mixing bowl on top. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in bowl. Allow to slowly melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Place bananas, Greek yoghurt and melted chocolate into a high powered blender and blitz to combine.
- Melt the chocolate for the dipped fruits, following the same process as the chocolate cream. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the fruit segments onto the tray. Individually dip each slice into the melted chocolate and return to the tray. Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has rested, cook the waffles for approximately 6 minutes or until golden. The mix should make enough for 4-5 waffles.
- Top with the chocolate cream and dipped fruits to serve.