This satisfying treat combines texture and flavour to create a taste sensation.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Refined sugar free | Vegan
Recipe by Nicole Frain
For the base:
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ABC spread or similar
- rice puffs
For the toppings:
- 12 dates soaked*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup macadamias soaked*
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked*
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Good Pinch of salt
- Natvia to taste
* start soaking 1hr before commencing. Drain before using
- 200g Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- Line your slice tin.
- Combine your base ingredients well and press into your tin. Sprinkle a thin layer of rice puffs over and set aside.
- Place your topping into a processor and blend very well (roughly 3 minutes), scraping the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Pour over the rice crisps and smooth the top. Place into the fridge to set min. 1 hr.
- Melt your chocolate and coconut oil together before carefully rolling and coating your bars. (easiest to use a fork and skewer).
- Place onto a tray or baking paper to set and decorate with coconut or cocoa if you like.
Tip: If you part freeze your slices before coating, the chocolate will set faster (but you will need to work quickly if decorating)