Recipe by Healthy Natty
Makes 2 hot chocolates
- 1 x 45g Well Naturally Chocolate Rich Dark, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Natvia
- 2 tablespoons Power Super Foods Cacao Powder
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 cups milk (use almond for a vegan alternative)
- Pinch of salt
- Well Naturally Chocolate Rich Dark, grated
- Whipped cream (use coconut for a vegan alternative)
- Dried chilli flakes
Find more recipes from Natalie Zee here:
- In a mortar and pestle (or stick blender with attachment), grind together Well Naturally Chocolate, natvia, chilli flakes and salt. Stir through the Power Super Foods Cacao Powder.
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan with the chocolate chilli mix.
- Place on a medium heat and slowly bring to a simmer, stirring continuously. Continue to cook until the Well Naturally Chocolate has melted.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream, extra Well Naturally Chocolate and chilli flakes to taste.
For a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, omit the Well Naturally Chocolate and chilli and triple the natvia to 3 teaspoons.
Cook the natvia alone in the pan with a quarter of a cup of water until golden and bubbling on the outside before adding the milk and remaining ingredients. To finish, add 2 pinches of salt.