Rich, soft and melt-in-your-mouth delightful, these little balls of happiness make high tea a happier affair. Not only do they taste divine, they also pack a neat little protein punch.
Gluten free | Grain free | Dairy free | No added sugar
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
Peanut Butter Caramel :
- 8-10 soft, pitted, medjool dates
- 1 cup smooth, natural peanut butter or other nut butter if you prefer
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 200g Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Process the pitted dates in a food processor until they form a sticky paste.
- Add the peanut butter, chia seeds and salt, followed by the coconut flour, and process until the mixture is smooth and well combined. The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and freeze, uncovered, for about 10 minutes (this will make it easier to shape).
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the chilled mixture and shape into small balls, then place on a lined tray and place back in the freezer for 10 minutes, until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and add the coconut oil, stirring until smooth and glossy. Allow to cool slightly before coating.
- Remove balls from the freezer and coat each one with the melted chocolate before placing on the tray lined with baking paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for half an hour, or until the chocolate coating is set.