Not too sweet, these delicious little muffins are the perfect alternative to regular chocolate muffins, with the hidden goodness of zucchini. They’re a great way to increase the kids’ veggie intake.
Refined Sugar Free
Recipe by Michelle Elias
Makes 24 muffins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup stevia
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunky chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- In a large bowl, mix together shredded zucchini, eggs, stevia, honey, yogurt and vanilla; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into 24 prepared muffin cups, about 3⁄4 full, and bake for about 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.