Bursting with layers of chocolate and nuts, this heavenly cheesecake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Vegan | Refined sugar free
Recipe by Jacqueline Alwill: The Brown Paper Bag
Tart base :
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 x Well Naturally No Sugar Added Cherry Delight Chocolate 45g , broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup (approximately 4) medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups cashews, soaked (for 2 hours minimum) and drained
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 x Well Naturally No Sugar Added Cherry Delight Chocolate 90g , grated
- 1/2 cup (approximately 6) medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 2 x Well Naturally No Sugar Added Cherry Delight Chocolate 90g
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
Find more recipes from Jacqueline Alwill here:
- To make the tart base combine the almonds, pecans and chocolate pieces in a food processor and blend for 20 seconds. Add in the vanilla, dates and coconut oil and blend for 20 seconds.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the base mixture into the tin. Use a spatula to press the mixture down evenly. Transfer to freezer to set.
- Combine the filling ingredients in the food processor and blitz to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tart from the freezer and pour over the filling. Return to freezer to set for 4 hours.
- When the cheesecake has almost set begin making the chocolate topping. To melt the chocolate heat a saucepan full of water until gently simmering and place a stainless steel mixing bowl on top. Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in bowl. Allow to slowly melt, stirring occasionally and ensuring the heat does not get too high. It should take around 10 minutes to melt completely.
- Remove the tart from the freezer and transfer to a wire baking rack with a lined baking tray underneath. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the top of the cheesecake before piling up the berries, cherries and pomegranate. Top with remaining chocolate and return to freezer to set.
- Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving.