Chewy and sweet, these luscious biscuits are the perfect balance of coconut and chocolate. They are very moreish, so be sure to share them with those in need of a winter pick-me-up.
Gluten free | Sugar free | Dairy free | Paleo
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
Makes 10-12 Macaroons
- 2 large eggs, whites only
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites for 3-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Add the coconut extract and Natvia then fold in the coconut.
- Line a biscuit tray with baking paper and using a melon baller or small ice cream scoop, place scoopfuls of the mixture on the tray.
- Bake macaroons for 15-20 minutes or until they turn a lovely golden brown all over. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over the macaroons, allowing them to set before serving.