When you seek satisfying simplicity, an apple crumble truly takes the cake. This version is made a little more special with the addition of figs and nuts. Serve warm with ice cream and it’s just perfection.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Egg Free | No added sugar | Vegan
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
- 2 cups stewed apples
- 6 fresh figs, thinly sliced (dried figs can also be used)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup Well Naturally Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
4 tablespoons Natvia
1 cup flaked almonds
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/4 cup gluten free oats or quinoa flakes
3 tablespoons organic coconut flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil
Cream (you can use coconut cream), or no sugar added vanilla ice cream to serve
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- In a mixing bowl, combine stewed apple, sliced figs, ginger, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, Well Naturally Dark Chocolate and 2 tablespoons of Natvia.
- Using a food processor or high speed blender, blitz nuts, oats or quinoa flakes, coconut flour, remaining 2 tablespoons Natvia, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and coconut oil until you achieve an even crumble consistency.
- Grease a medium sized ceramic baking dish and pour in the fruit mixture, spreading evenly, before layering with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until topping is a lovely golden hue.
- Serve warm with a dollop of cream or no sugar added vanilla ice cream.NOTE: For this recipe you will need an ovenproof frying pan with either a removable handle or one that is safe to go into the oven.