Mix up your mornings with a decadent bowl of chocolate granola with a hint of ginger and spice.
No sugar added
Recipe by Healthy Natty
Makes 3-4 cups of Granola.
Find more recipes from Healthy Natty here:
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread oats over lined baking tray and place in oven for 5-10 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they’re evenly toasted.
- Remove oats from oven and turn on the tray once more before adding pecans.
- Return to the oven for a further 3-4 minutes, watching carefully.
- While the mixture toasts, place ginger, cinnamon and melted coconut oil in a small bowl and stir well until a paste forms.
- Remove the mixture from oven and place in a large, heatproof bowl. Pour the giner and cinammon paste into the bowl and stir well.
- Return the mixture to the tray and bake for a further 5-10 minutes, or until the crunch returns.
- In a separate, dry bowl, combine grated chocolate, chia seeds and a pinch of salt together.
- Once mixture is toasted, remove from oven and quickly place in heatproof bowl.
- Add the grated chocolate, chia and salt to the mixture, stirring carefully and quickly to coat.
- Spread the mixture evenly on oven tray to allow to cool (do not return to the oven!).
- Once cooled, serve with yoghurt and fresh berries.