Start your “big day in” the delicious way with a wonderful helping of these nutrition-packed pancakes. Fluffy and warm, these plates of wonderful will quickly entice the whole family to the breakfast table.
Gluten free | No Added Sugar | Dairy free | Paleo | High fibre | High protein
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
Makes 10 large pancakes
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate (chopped into chunky chips), plus 1 cup for melting as topping
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 free range eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 to 1 cup coconut milk (depending on consistency)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced banana, flaked coconut, chopped nuts and melted chocolate to garnish
- Additional coconut oil for the pan
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut oil and pour into the dry mix. Beat together until thoroughly combined. Your batter should be slightly thicker than that of regular wheat flour pancakes.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Heat a large, flat-based fry pan over medium heat and brush or spray with a little coconut oil.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread into a circle. Repeat until you have filled the pan, usually 3 or 4 pancakes will fit.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the top is set around the edges. You will see little bubbles start to form – a good sign that it’s cooked through and ready to flip.
- Flip and continue cooking until second side is golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm whilst repeating the process with remaining batter until finished.
- Serve with melted chocolate and your choice of toppings.