Pretty and petite, these simple yet wholesome fig and yoghurt tarts are complimented by our No Sugar Added Valencia Orange Chocolate.
Gluten free | Refined sugar free
Recipe by Jacqueline Alwill: The Brown Paper Bag
Makes 8 small tarts
Tart base :
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 x Well Naturally No Sugar Added Valencia Orange Chocolate 45g, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Greek or coconut yoghurt
- 3 small figs, sliced
- Pinch of cinnamon
Find more recipes from Jacqueline Alwill here:
- To make the tart base combine the almonds, pecans and chocolate pieces in a high powered blender or food processor and blend for 20 seconds. Add in the vanilla, dates and coconut oil and blend for 20 seconds.
- Line 8 muffin holes of a 12 cup muffin tray with patty pans. Press 2 tablespoons of base mixture into each muffin hole. Using your fingers shape the mixture to fit evenly across the base and sides of the muffin holes.
- Transfer to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and place 1 1/2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt into each tart base and top with 3 slices of fig. Top each tart with a sprinkle of cinnamon and serve.