Gather your family and share in this sweet, no sugar added, chocolatey feast. The perfectly delicious way to begin your day.
Vegan | No sugar added
Recipe by Healthy Natty
Makes approx. 16 waffles
Waffles (dry) :
- 1 cup of plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 a tbsp. of baking powder
- 4 tbsp. of cocao powder
- 2 tsp. of powdered stevia
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp. of liquid from a jar of morello cherries
- ¼ of a cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 3x 45g bars of Well Naturally No Sugar Added Rich Dark Chocolate
- 6 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 1 cup of coconut milk solids (keep 2 tins in the fridge, open gently and only use the solids from the top)
- ½ a cup of coconut cream solids (as above –1 tin will suffice)
- 1 tsp. of rice flour
- ½ a tsp of vanilla paste
- 2 cups of Morello cherries
- 1 cup of fresh cherries, pitted and halved.
Find more recipes from Healthy Natty here:
- In a large bowl, place your flours, baking powder, cocao powder, stevia and salt. Combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your wet ingredients (vanilla, cherry liquid, oil and almond milk)
- Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Cook in a waffle maker as per machine instructions.
- Melt your chocolate bars gently over a double boiler, stirring frequently with a metal spoon.
- Once the chocolate as melted, turn off the heat and quickly stir in the coconut cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your coconut and coconut milk solids with the sifted rice flour and vanilla.
- Using electric beaters, whip the mixture until it is well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Cherries for serving
- Combine Morello and fresh cherries in a small bowl and mix together.
- Layer waffles with a spread of ganache between each layer and a few cherries from the mix.
- Finish by topping with more ganache, whipped ‘cream’, cherries and shavings of Well Naturally Dark or Milk chocolate.