Silky-smooth ganache lies dreamily in a nutty, crumbly base, sprinkled with toasted macadamia and coconut flakes. What’s not to adore? This is a guaranteed dinner party show-stopper.
Gluten free | Grain free | Dairy free | No added sugar | Paleo
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 200g of Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a food processor, combine the almond meal, salt, Natvia and shredded coconut until it resembles a fine crumb.
- Add the melted coconut oil and egg to the almond meal and coconut mixture. Blend until coarse crumbs form and when squeezed between fingers, should form dough.
- Transfer dough to an 8-inch, greased flan tin with removable bottom, and using a flat bottomed glass or your fingers, press dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the tin – ensuring it’s of even thickness.
- Bake in oven until golden and cooked through, approximately 18-20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread the chopped macadamia nuts and shredded coconut evenly onto a baking paper-lined biscuit tray and bake until lightly golden. Be sure to keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- To make the ganache, place Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate in a large mixing bowl, and in a separate small saucepan, bring coconut cream to a simmer. Pour hot coconut cream over the chocolate, sit for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth and creamy before mixing in the vanilla extract.
- To assemble the tart, pour chocolate ganache into cooled tart shell and scatter the toasted macadamias and toasted coconut over the top. Sprinkle with some freshly grated nutmeg if desired, and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or until set.