Draped in chocolate and infused with orange, this tart is a rich and creamy delight. Serve as an indulgent treat at a special occasion, or store in the freezer for your next go-to snack.
Gluten free | Refined sugar free | Dairy free | Vegan
Recipe by Isabelle Cornish: Life Iz
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup dates
- 2 cans coconut cream
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 roughly chopped 45g Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Valencia Orange bar
- 2 roughly chopped 45g Well Naturally No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate Valencia Orange bar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Dehydrated orange slices (optional)
Find more recipes from Isabelle Cornish here:
Instagram: @isabellecornish @teamlifeiz
- Place almonds into the food processor and blend until a course crumb consistency is achieved. Add dates and zest and process to crumb consistency. Finally, add coconut oil. Process until mixture is combined. Press mixture into a tart pan and place into the freezer.
- Place dates, coconut cream, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and orange zest into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat, stirring often for approx. 15 mins, or until liquid has reduced down.
- Remove from heat and mix in one 45g bar Well Naturally Chocolate. Allow to cool for 10 mins. stirring often to melt chocolate through.
- Place the contents of the saucepan into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If blending something hot, be sure to cover the top with a tea towel! Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and pour over tart base. Place in freezer for minimum one hour to set.
- When tart has set, place a small saucepan of water on medium/low heat on the stovetop. Place two remaining Well Naturally Chocolate bars and coconut oil into a glass or metal bowl over the top of the saucepan and allow to slowly melt, stirring continuously. You can also microwave on low, checking every 30 seconds to mix well.
- Place orange slices (optional) on top of the tart. Drizzle top of the tart with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set in the fridge for 15 mins. before serving.
Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.