The traditional method for creating delectable melted chocolate- the perfect accompaniment to fresh fruit.
- Well Naturally No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate (available in 45g or 90g bars), roughly chopped
Place the desired quantity of Well Naturally No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate into a dry, heatproof glass bowl or a stainless steel bowl.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan filled to about a third with water.
- Heat the saucepan on a stove top on low heat until the water starts to simmer.
- Stir the chocolate continuously with a metal spoon until it is completely melted and the desired texture is obtained.
(Ensure that no contact with the melted chocolate occurs at any time – with water or steam)
Important Tips When Working With Real Chocolate
- Never allow any water, moisture or steam to come in contact with melted chocolate. If this occurs the chocolate will start to quickly firm up and solidify or become very granular.
- When melting chocolate, always use clean and dry utensils. Metal spoons or stirrers are preferable to wood (wooden spoons or stirrers may contain absorbed water).
- Chocolate will easily burn or scorch when heated directly over a stove top so never melt chocolate in this way.