Crunch and crumble! These delicious bars are packed with healthy nuts, seeds and fruits – ensuring no tummy rumbles until dinner time. A drizzle of melted Well Naturally Chocolate makes them irresistible.
No sugar added | Gluten free | Dairy free
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
Makes 16 bars
- 2 cups gluten free oats or quinoa flakes
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 4 tablespoons Natvia Icing Mix
- ½ cup cashew or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit and nuts (create your own using walnuts, pecans, almonds, dates, figs, raisins, prunes, apricots and goji berries), roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- ½ cup Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Extra Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate for drizzling over bars
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine oats/quinoa flakes, seeds and shredded coconut on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until the oats and coconut are golden in colour and have a “freshly baked” aroma. Leave to cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey/syrup, Natvia, nut butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir until evenly combined and melted, but make sure not to overheat.
- In another, larger mixing bowl, add fruit and nut mix, sea salt, Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, maca powder and cinnamon. Stir to combine, then pour the wet ingredients over the top, stirring quickly to mix.
- Pour the mix into a baking paper lined slice tin, being sure to press the mixture firmly, especially into the corners.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.
- Remove from the fridge, slice into even size bars and drizzle with melted Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate. Bars can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks (if they can be resisted that long)!