Flaky, layered, golden pastry is the base for soft, spicy pears. A beautifully warm, sweet dessert, hinted with the complex flavours of chocolate and ginger.
Gluten free | No added sugar
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
- 50g unsalted organic butter or extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 4-5 beurre bosc pears, peeled, cored and cut into cubes or sliced lengthwise
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 pack gluten free puff pastry
No sugar added vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche to serve
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter/coconut oil in frying pan, add the Natvia and allow to dissolve.
- Arrange pears in the pan, stir through ginger and cook for 5 minutes or until pears are cooked through and caramelised in the melted butter/coconut oil and Natvia mixture.
- Sprinkle with Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then roll out the puff pastry and place over the top of the pan so it completely covers the fruit.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown in colour.
- Invert onto a dessert platter and serve warm with no sugar added vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche and enjoy.We promise you will!