Fill your home with the delicious aroma of citrus and chocolate by creating this delicious no sugar added dessert loaf.
No Sugar Added
Recipe by Healthy Natty
Makes 1 loaf/ 6-8 serves
- 1x Well Naturally Valencia Orange Dark Chocolate 45g bar, roughly chopped
- Juice and rind of 1 fresh orange (washed thoroughly)
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tsp. of powdered stevia
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 2 cups of wholemeal self-raising flourEXTRAS
- 2 tbsp. of cacao powder
Yoghurt buttercream icing:
- 2x Well Naturally Valencia Orange Dark Chocolate 45g bar, melted and allowed to cool for a few minutes.
- 6 tbsp of full-fat greek yoghurt
- 50 grams of butter, grated.
- 1/2 a cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- Rind of ½ an orange.
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
Find more recipes from Healthy Natty here:
- Line an approx. 20cm loaf pan with baking paper and pre-heat your oven to 160c.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your loaf ingredients (excluding the ‘extras’) – starting with the wet,and ending with the dry. Depending on how juicy your orange is, you may need to adjust with moremilk or a touch more flour.
- Separate your cake batter into 2 halves – putting half the batter into another mixing bowl.
- In the first half, add 2 tsbp. of cocoa powder and mix well, before adding half of your chocolate chipsand folding through.
- In the second half, add the vanilla and extra 2 tbsp. of plain flour. Mix well before adding the otherhalf of your chocolate chips and folding through.
- Spoon the mix into the loaf pan, alternating between the 2.
- Once all of the mixture is in the pan, use a skewer to very gently and lightly swirl the ingredientstogether.
- Bake at 160c for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.
Yoghurt Buttercream Icing:
- In a large bowl, beat the Valencia Dark Orange Chocolate, yoghurt and butter together until a smooth and thick icing forms. Allow to sit at room temperature until ready to use.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the icing over the top and sprinkle with walnuts & extra orange rind.