Recipe by @betterbeingsteph
Per serve: 184 calories, 7g carbs, 15g protein, 10g fat
- 80g almond meal
- 70g vanilla pea protein powder or additional 50g almond meal
- 150g mashed banana
- 100g Well Naturally No Added Sugar Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 30g butter or dairy-free alternative, melted
- 40g granulated sweetener (e.g. stevia or monk fruit)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optional: walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Using an electric mixer or blender, pulse the eggs together with the mashed banana and melted butter until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients – almond meal, protein powder, sweetener of choice, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the bowl with the egg/banana/butter mix and blend until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Fold through the Well Naturally dark chocolate chunks and optional crushed walnuts
- Pour batter into a lined loaf tin or muffin tray and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread cool completely before slicing into 10 pieces.