This decadent chocolate delight is so versatile. Present it to friends as an impressive, handmade gift, serve as an accompaniment to coffee at the conclusion of a dinner party, or simply embellish it with your favourite nuts and fruits and indulge yourself.
Recipe by Tanya Bartolini
- 250g Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g nuts
- 50g dried cranberries
- Fill a saucepan with water to 1/3 full.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, not a boil.
- Take a glass bowl and rest it over the saucepan, ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water. You have now created a double boiler.
- Place 2/3 of the chocolate into the glass bowl and reserve 1/3 for later use.
- With a wooden spoon, gently stir the chocolate as it melts.
- Place a cooking thermometer into the chocolate and melt chocolate to 45°C.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and place on bench top.
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the chocolate to the melted chocolate mixture and stir constantly with your wooden spoon until the chocolate’s temperature comes down to 32°C and the chocolate has melted. You should have glossy, melted chocolate ready for decorating.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the chocolate mixture onto the paper.
- Move the tray from side to side to ensure that the chocolate covers the base of the tray evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with the nuts and cranberries and place in the fridge to set.
This should take no more than 30 minutes.