Nothing pleases more than a homemade chocolate cake. Perfect for decorating with birthday candles, or to serve friends visiting for afternoon tea, this rich, melt-in-the-mouth cake is topped with a luscious layer of silky chocolate ganache.
Recipe by Tanya Bartolini
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups almond meal
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp Natvia
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder, dissolved in a little hot water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200g Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200ml low fat cream
- Preheat oven to 150°C and grease a loaf tin or round tin.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate.
- In another large bowl combine all of the wet ingredients, except for the cream.
- Transfer the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and using a fork, mix well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and transfer to the oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin. Once cooled, remove from the tin and decorate with the ganache.
- To make the ganache, combine the cream and chocolate in a double boiler over a low heat and constantly stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to cool. Once cooled, whisk the mixture until thick and fluffy, and use to decorate the cake.
Find more recipes from Tanya here: