A hot, Southern Hemisphere Christmas calls for a cool dessert to complete a lunch or dinner feast. This ice cream version of the classic pudding says “Australian Christmas” like nothing else.
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
- 2 litres no added sugar vanilla ice-cream, softened slightly
- 1 heaped cup mixed dried fruit (sultanas, raisins, cranberries)
- 1 cup of tinned pitted cherries, drained and halved
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup toasted flaked almonds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mixed spices
- 2 teaspoons of brandy or hazelnut liqueur (optional)
- 1 90g block of Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate (in Creamy Milk or Rich Dark varieties), grated
- ½ cup Well Naturally No Sugar Added Rich Dark Chocolate, plus 1 45g Well Naturally No Sugar Added Creamy Milk Bar, melted together with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Fresh cherries or berries
- Holly or mint leaves
- Combine dried fruit, coconut, spices and flaked almonds in a bowl and add to the softened ice cream.
- Stir through the cherries and liqueur and finally, the grated chocolate until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Line bowl or dome shaped cake tin with plastic wrap, spoon in mixture, cover and place in freezer overnight. Remove from freezer and let sit for 1-2 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.
- Allow melted chocolate to cool and thicken slightly before drizzling over pudding.
- Decorate as desired.
Tip: A hot towel over the bottom of the bowl may help you get the ice cream out onto the plate should you experience any difficulty.
Find more recipes from Hayley here: