The little ones will love feeding themselves these sweet, nourishing treats.
Recipe by Michelle Elias
Makes 24 cookies/bars
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup ground linseeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- 50g Well Naturally No Sugar Added Milk Chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 160˚C.
- Put the cranberries and sultanas in a bowl, cover with boiling water to soak.
- Mash banana in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the flour, ground linseeds, chocolate, vanilla, sunflower seeds, pepitas and stir. (If you are worried about the size of the seeds, grind them in a food processor or mortar and pestle first.)
- Drain and rinse the cranberries and sultanas. Add them to the mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey. Once liquid is cool, add to the cookie mixture. Stir until all combined.
- Divide and shape mix into round cookies or bars. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!