You don’t need too many of these bars to get your fudgy fix, as the chocolate and peanut butter are rich, and the quinoa fills you up. Dip one into your tea and let the silky chocolate melt in your mouth.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Refined sugar free | Vegan
Recipe by Hayley Cavicchiolo
Makes 20 squares
- 2⁄3 cup natural peanut butter (warmed)
- 1⁄2 cup virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 capful vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup organic quinoa flakes
- 1 cup quinoa flour (or make your own by blitzing quinoa flakes in your blender/ food processor)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200g Well Naturally Rich Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
Find more recipes from Hayley here:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and grease a medium sized square baking dish (glass or ceramic works well) with coconut oil.
- Combine quinoa flour, quinoa, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Fold the blended wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well until a wet dough forms. It will be a similar consistency to a muffin batter.
- Spread peanut butter mixture evenly into baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and stir in coconut oil until smooth and glossy.
- Pour chocolate over the peanut butter layer, spreading evenly, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate edges begin to bubble and caramelise.
- Allow the slice to cool before refrigerating for several hours.
- Once refrigerated, slice into 20 squares.
- Keep refrigerated until serving, or freeze to enjoy later.