Refined sugar free
Recipe by Healthy Natty
Makes 9 large blondies
- ¾ of a cup of Coconut Sugar
- ¼ of a cup of Maca Powder
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 120g of butter or coconut oil at room temperature.
- ½ a tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ a tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of ginger powder
- ½ a cup of shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- ½ a cup of Goldenberries
- ½ a cup of Goji Berries, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- A pinch of salt
- 45g of Well Naturally Creamy Milk or Rich Dark chocolate.
- Pomegranate seeds, flaked coconut and berries, to serve.
Find more recipes from Healthy Natty here:
- Pre-heat oven to 160°c and line a 20 x 20cm square baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter (or coconut oil) and sugar
- Add the maca powder and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Slowly add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing between each one.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt together before adding into the wet mix.
- Once combined, add the goldenberries and pistachios.
- Drain the goji berries, reserving 3 tablespoons of the soaking liquid. Add the berries and the liquid to the mix.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray and bake at 160°c for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre.
- Once the cake has been allowed to cool completely, cut into 9 squares and melt the chocolate in the microwave (stirring frequently), to drizzle over the top.
- Finish sprinkled with coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds and served with a side of fresh berries.