Recipe by @bakeateasy
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- Buckwheat flour (by eye in order to obtain a comfortable dough to make balls.. we used 1/2 cup but will depend on the size of your bananas so just add little by little until the desired texture. You can replace it for any other flour of choice.)
- 180g @wellnaturallyau chocolate (milk or dark)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl and once the dough is integrated and malleable, begin to form balls of the same size and place them on the baking tray
- Press gently with your thumb in the center of each cookie dough ball to form an indent.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes. The cookies should still be a bit soft. Place them on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave stopping every 30 seconds to stir until smooth and fill each thumbprint to the rim with chocolate. Wait for a few minutes until the chocolate sets and Enjoy!